Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Tip of my iceberg...

I recently celebrated 28 years of life. I was blessed to spend my birthday on a reunion vacation in Pensacola, FL with an amazing group of friends from all over the states. It was paradise.
I'm scared of heights, and this was AWESOME!!
Fun, fun and funner
My husband is Active Duty and we've had the opportunity to live in Anchorage, AK for a couple years. Alaska is absolutely breathtaking. I wish I could use better words to describe it, but there isn't anything more real than "breathtaking". Snow capped mountains in our backyard and the ocean was only down the road. The seafood was so fresh it was tinted blue from the glacier waters. De-lish. Ruined seafood for me forever. Moose wandered the streets at will all the time. They'd even walk through the McDonald's drive-thru from time to time...  Such an experience to live there. Can't wait to go back for a visit!
Stopped off Seward Hwy in Anchorage, AK


We went on a glacier cruise in Whittier, AK
A moose was chumming around our neighborhood

When we were transferred to Augusta, GA, we drove 5,000+ miles through Canada all the way down to Georgia. It was a trip! Literally. Amazing adventure.
Only a few hours into our 5 day road trip - still all smiles!

Canola fields in the middle of nowhere, Canada


I have a {tween} daughter, Madelyn. She is my life. I remember when she was a baby and saying at every new stage of her life that this one is so far the best. Every year that statement remains the same. She's going into 5th grade this year and it hasn't always been rainbows and butterflies, but she is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. And I know every mom says that about their kids. But being a teen mom, something just feels different in our relationship than moms who have their kids after marriage - from what I've perceived. There's an unbreakable, undeniable special bond between us girls and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Like mother, like daughter. Dancing in the streets of downtown Anchorage

My husband always says, "A happy wife, a happy life." And I'm about to take that phrase, tweak it a bit and own it. Happy life, happy...me! So I've decided it's my time to find myself in all the things that make me feel like, well, me. There are certain things in life you experience that can literally take your breath away, and I'm on the road to discover more of those moments.

One thing I can't live without is Jesus. I am so, so blessed. But beyond that, I love fashion, decorating my home, skin care and the beach. I loooove the beach. I am a born and raised hearty Minnesotan. Growing up with a decent amount of time with each season is what everyone should get to experience. Love it.

Although, I somehow grew into a beach bunny. There is something about that salty air, turquoise water and sugary sand that completely captures me. Send me on a beach vacation, and I'll do just that. Sit on the beach and lose myself in the view. One day, I will live near the ocean.

Playacar, Mexico on our honeymoon

No comments:

Post a Comment